I am also hoping to get at least one more cushion finished over the Easter holidays, possibly two if I can squeeze it in (I find that 3 children fighting over the PC meaning little time for me on there during the day focuses the mind somewhat into finding other activities). Here are the three that I have finished so far. I've knitted them in James Brett's Chunky with Merino as I wanted a quick knit but it needed to be economical as I want to make at least eight and soft to the touch. This yarn fits all three criteria nicely; the colours are just right too!
I originally decided that I wanted each cushion to be a single stitch pattern, but that each one should be different. I've pretty much stayed with this idea, but I have decided to include a couple of cable designs. I'm not following any patterns, just picking stitches I like and working out sizes required. Unfortunately the first cable cushion I have knitted is a bit bigger than planned and is going to need a 22" pad and I only bought 16" and 18" ones so I'm going to have to buy 2 more and I shall also have to make sure that the second cable cushion is as big. They have worked out pretty well so far and are so delightfully snuggly and soft that the children love them, so I must be doing something right! I have started putting the patterns on Ravelry, but I've stopped short of completing them, but I should get round to it soon!
I think that I am rather deserving of a cup of tea and a quiet evening staring at mind-numbing nonsense on the box and with the Mr on the graveyard shift this week, the remote is all mine!

No comments:
Post a Comment